This City of Truro Locomotive badge is traditionally made, hand finished and enamelled in our factory in Birmingham. City of Truro No.3440 is a 3700 Class also known as a City Class and was built at the GWR Swindon Works in 1903. They were designed by George Jackson Churchward for for hauling express passenger trains. Some consider the locomotive was the first to attain the speed of 100 miles per hour (160.9 km/h) during a run from Plymouth to London Paddington in 1904. The configuration of the loco is 4-4-0 with a GWR:A power class.