This Glasgow & S. W. No 9 badge is traditionally made, hand finished and enamelled. No.9 is a G&SWR 5 Class locomotive, designed by Peter Drummond and was built by North British Locomotive Company Hyde Park Works, Glasgow in 1917. 3 Class 5 locomotives were built to replace elderly 0-4-0 tender locomotives on a number of freight lines which featured sharp curves and steep gradients.. The configuration of the loco is 0-6-0ST with a LMS: 2F power class. No.9 is preserved at the Glasgow Riverside Museum.